sing your soul.
but in order to speak it naturally, I had to first make myself a part of it.”
- Victor Wooten, The Music Lesson
As a songwriter, your truth is heard.
songwriting lessons offer an open channel...
That soft, gentle presence whispering to let music breathe its magic through you is that who is probably pointing you in this direction...
If you're anything like me though, you've probably also heard the following whispers running through your head:
"I can't write songs..."
"No one wants to hear what I have to say..."
"There are way better things I could be doing..."
"What's the point, I'm never going to be a professional songwriter..."
"I'm not good enough to write my own music..."
"People would laugh if they ever heard my poetry..."
"I don't have time for it..."
"It's way too hard to sing in front of people..."
"I wouldn't know what to write about..."
"I don't like my singing voice..."
"I'm a musician, but not a songwriter..."
"It's crazy to think I could write a song..."
"I would hate it, or others would..."
These critical thoughts are the ones that keep songwriters -- and many others -- invisible, shut down, & frustrated within lives we think don't matter....
good news comes to those who hear...
Believe it or not, if these voices are speaking to you loud and clear, you're on your way to discovering a deep passion for songwriting :) And within anyone who has that passion, there is a loving voice calling you to write and share yourself through a song... I'll show you how to cultivate that voice, which has helped me write hundreds of songs myself, and inspires others to do the same every day. (to hear my latest album, listen HERE!)
This is a song I wrote called Work of Art, which is about the process of hearing my own Voice of Love...
You don't want to just sing, you want to sing songs that emerge from your SOUL...
Here's the creative process we'll use to cultivate this practice:
Learning to relax into a creative space, stopping the busy nature of our minds.
Listening accurately to our sensations.
Being willing to submerge ourselves more deeply in those sensations, and our emotions.
Allowing our internal wisdom to bring together emotional, mental, and physical information, revealing a new and exciting truth.
Embodying and sharing our songs, and our open hearts with honesty, vulnerability, and confidence.
Are you ready to nurture yourself and your songwriting adventure?
A taste of the journey...
Soul~Inspired Songwriting Curriculum:
- Introduction to the WHOLE process of creation, and how to apply it to writing lyrics, composing melody, and pulling together songs
- Learning to listen to life through the lens of song
- Basic song structures that allows your inner songwriter room to shine
- Placing poetry and prose to familiar, and original melodies
- Using an instrument to facilitate song in fun, simple ways
- Practice engaging with your every-day life in musical ways
- Creating meaning from fear, self-doubt, and emotional triggers when they arise
- Writing affirmative, soulful lyrics on purpose
- Learning to process thoughts, feelings, and physical sensations through word and melody
- Allowing meaningful, creative songwriting prompts to help you begin and solidify lyrics
- Finding enlightening connections between your musical growth and your life process
- Developing a strong earth-heart-voice connection
- Building confidence in sharing your music (and other parts of yourself asking to be seen) with individuals and groups
- Integrating emotional, creative, and spiritual identities and learning to express yourself from a place of wholeness
A result of connecting with your Soul...
And your inspired songs...
Is deeper intimacy with your Life...
Here's what you'll receive:
- Access to soulful songs that arise naturally from the depths of your heart
- A feeling of home and inner peace
- Musical confidence, and a window into your full, embodied voice
- Performance material for open mics, private shows, and other public performances
- The ability to co-write and create with other artists
- Basic recordings of your songs for rehearsals and open sharing
- Feeling seen and heard in your closest relationships
- Enjoying your alone-time more than you ever have
- Connection that is always available, regardless of situational circumstances
- A deep, ever-lasting, secure connection with Self
- 12 consecutive weeks of songwriting coaching sessions
- Direct and personalized email support, including song-shares, additional lyric ideas and brainstorms, and a safe space to process emotions
- Weekly curriculum guides which include weekly songwriting prompts, spiritual and emotional groundwork, and creative empowerment
- Access to group calls which allow you to connect with an active songwriting community
Step 1: Consider how much time, energy, and money you have to invest in your upcoming songwriting journey. I've attempted to make this program as accessible as possible while still honoring its value, and I also make many attempts to provide free opportunities for community education and songwriting coaching. In my experience, every bit of time and money I have directly invested into songwriting has been 100% worth it, and I expect that will be true for you as well! You can expect to spend a spacious 2-3 hours/week on your creative songwriting process.
And if you're already ready...
"SING YOUR SOUL" 12-week Songwriting Program
- 50-min sessions
- $100/session ($400/month)
- 3-month commitment (12 sessions)
- Basic songwriting instruction
- Self-discovery support using the W.H.O.L.E. process of self-expression
- Access to Level I and Level II Soul~Inspired Songwriting guides and materials
- Framework to provide yourself with a minimum of 8 completed songs that feel authentic, confident, and clearly communicated
- A passion for music and song
- An audible voice
- Access to a least 1 instrument other than voice that is available for regular songwriting
- Beginner level knowledge of simple chords and technical skill on the instrument you'll be using for your songwriting practice
TOTAL INVESTMENT - $1,200
**Songwriting coaching is offered in packages due to the investment of both recipient and coach of time, energy, and commitment, as well as the depth of integration being offered :)
What some songwriters are saying :)
I can't say enough about Asher as a musical guide. With her love, presence and coaching I am finally stepping into expressing myself musically. I have met scared and traumatized parts of myself that are healing and have moved through fear and self doubt. The safe space she creates has helped me so much!! I want to sing around the campfire, freestyle songs with children, harmonize with other people's songs... I want to commune via music, and now I have a way to express myself and move through emotions... Truly these sessions are everything I dreamed they could be, holistic expressive arts and empowerment training. I am falling in love with playing my guitar and singing and I'm so grateful. Thank you Asher. This is an opening I've been waiting for far too long for, and I'm thankfully ready now!!! ~ Lizzy Zima
"Asher is super nice, and does a great job! I love writing songs because it helps me focus, and it is something I can always do whether I am sad or happy." ~ Sammi Shein, 9 yrs
"I have found Asher to be extraordinarily patient, and she is always willing to meet me where I am at the moment and gently guide me over the rough spots. I especially appreciate her willingness to get down into the nitty gritty aspects of music. My only regret is that I didn't meet someone like Asher years ago. ~ Janet Patterson